The NANT mission is to promote the highest quality of care for Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) patients through education and professionalism.
The NANT recognizes that the roles of the Nephrology Technician and Nephrology Technologist can and will incorporate a variety of responsibilities including, but not limited to: direct care of the dialysis patient, medical equipment maintenance and repair, reuse of hemodialyzers, materials management, quality assurance, and research and development. They are accountable for executing, maintaining, and updating the highest possible standards if quality while ensuring the safest possible environment for the patient undergoing treatment for renal failure. We believe that a sound intra-organizational educational program is necessary to develop, maintain, and augment competence in practice. We believe research is essential to the development of new modalities and the improvement of existing ones. New ideas and improvements must be encouraged, tested, and disseminated. We embrace the team approach to patient care and believe that interdisciplinary communication and cooperation is essential. As members of the Nephrology team, we hold that it is duty to respond to issues affecting our practice in both public and private sectors.
- To ensure the awareness of the necessity for the participation of the technicians and technologists in the decision-making processes required for optimum treatment of the CKD patient.
- To maintain the highest standards of safety and quality in CKD therapies.
- To continue to guide, support, and assist all members of the nephrology community in their endeavor to improve available technology.
- To continue to provide educational opportunities for all members of the medical community.
- To continually encourage the individual member to participate in the growth and development of the organization.
- To promote and stimulate technicians and technologists professional growth.
- To act as a liaison between the Nephrology Technician and Technologist and other professional organizations.
- To develop and implement standards of training and practice for technicians and technologists.
- To continue to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and opinions between all disciplines in the field of Nephrology.
- To foster and promote development of new strategies and techniques to improve the care of CKD patients.